A Typical Florentine restaurant
Trattoria Bordino From the 1950s
A Tradition of Taste and Goodness
TRATTORIA BORDINO IN FLORENCE:
Is a historical restaurant that is more than seventy years old, and perhaps existed even before the year 1945 in Via Stracciatella a small road alongside the ancient wall of Costa San Giorgio in a building built in 1400 which luckily was not bombed in the area surrounding the Ponte Vecchio by the Germans in the second world war.
It is not known exactly when or in what year it passed to a public place such as administration, food and drink. At the end of the 800 first millennium, even the first 900, told that it was used as a stable for horses, or better for storing, so much so that there is still a hook inside where a pulley pulled up the carriages or carts turned them towards the exit by reattaching them to the horses ready to start again.
Renowned for Wine, appreciated For Food
Where the “gottino” originated
Immediately after the war (about 1945) as the first, was the “gottino” served a gotto of wine (a glass of wine not very large) to people for a break, or after work for a relaxation or meeting between friends for a chat.
After the successes and confirmations for the following decades, the restaurant has been run since 1987 by the current property, which with passion and with the same attention to detail and tradition carries on the name of one of the historic restaurants of the city of Florence.
We are waiting for you “Da Bordino”, a small “trattoria restaurant” in the heart of Florence, evocative, lit by weak candles with exposed stone walls, which over the years has become one of the most popular restaurants for lovers of good food in Florence.